Thursday, February 18, 2010

Salad


This was a salad my daughter and I enjoyed for lunch yesterday.

She loves the yellow bell peppers and so I decided to make a salad largely to her taste. That is to say, without too much black pepper, or chilly powder I otherwise add...and I have to say that everything blended so perfectly, it did not need anything else...

Yellow bell pepper - 1 large (cut into bite sized pieces)
Tomatoes - 2
Salami - 2 slices (shredded..i used smoked chicken salami)
Feta cheese - 1 tbsp - crumbled
Spring onion - 1 (white and green, chopped)

For the dressing
Garlic clove - 1/2 a cloved (minced or finely grated)
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - a pinch
Salt to taste (since feta cheese is salty, please account for that when you measure the salt)

Beat all the ingredients together to blend the dressing well. I usually add some freshly cracked black pepper to this.

Now just put together all the ingredients and the dressing and toss well....the salad is fresh and crunchy, and the feta is just perfect with the dressing...

6 comments:

  1. Perfectly balanced salad with Pastrami and veggies, looks mouthwatering!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad sounds super yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no cooking..i can do this...Hurrah!
    and it looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta love a good salad. I really should eat them more often

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this, am sure it would taste great minus the meat too... for obvious reasons!! love the pic swaps...are you practicing with the camera?? and please could you send me the pics we took with samriti when i visited?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Swapna Looks so good your daughter did great(:)
    Love your food -
    thanks for your sweet words you left for me my friend(:)
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete